Monday, September 1, 2014

Review | Forbidden Surrender

Forbidden Surrender by Priscilla West
Received from NetGalley
November 2013
218 pages
Amazon + Good Reads

"“What gives you a thrill Kristen?”

The minute I saw Vincent Sorenson, I knew he was trouble. Billionaire. Bad boy. And dangerously sexy. He was everything I craved, and nothing I needed. 

Unfortunately, I couldn’t just avoid him. The higher ups at my company decided they needed his business, and I was on the team to bring him in. Vincent Sorenson didn’t seem as interested in business as he was in me, but I knew that was a door better left unopened. If I got involved with him, it would only unearth the pain I spent years trying to bury.

I thought I had it under control, but I seriously underestimated Vincent’s seductive charm and silver-tongue. I would soon find out how delicious it would feel to let myself fall into this forbidden surrender."
-Good Reads


I've gotta say - it's very rare for me to a find an adult romance/erotica novel that has a plot and characters who feel new. This genre is chock full of over used plot and story lines and the same cardboard cut out characters - nothing feel news. Forbidden Surrender is no exception to this rule - at least, in my experience.

But before you get carried away, thinking that I'm going to slam this book, let me say - I still really enjoyed it. I have a soft spot for adult romances that are super quick reads, filled with sexual tension and drop dead sexy male main characters. And that description does fit Forbidden Surrender

I finished this book in about three hours and it had me hooked the entire time. I enjoyed the main character, Kristen. She's a young woman who takes her career seriously only to be derailed when her newest client begins to pursue her sexually. Kristen seriously struggled with her own attraction to Vincent (the male MC) and her devotion to her profession. I appreciated that she felt conflicted and that maintaining her professional integrity was a huge deal for her - we don't often find that in adult romances. 

I wasn't over the moon about Vincent. Sure, he's sexy. He's an alpha male. He says all the right things, at all the right times. Oh, and of course - he's a billionaire. But his initial description kind of rubbed me the wrong way: a surfer dude turned billionaire complete with nipple rings. Bleh. I don't know. All I can think of is...

Ick. 

But overall - I enjoyed this book. As you could probably guess, I'd recommend this story to anyone who enjoys new adult and adult romances. Oh, and be warned - the ending leaves of on a slight cliff hanger... Now I need to know what happens. 

-Alyssa


No comments:

Post a Comment