Saturday, June 1, 2013

The Call for Reviewers: More Information

Hey, guys!

If you missed my last blog post, I've decided that running a book reviewing blog on my own is just not a feasible task at the moment. Rather than close ACReads completely, I have turned my sights on creating collaborations for the blog. I mentioned that I'm looking for two types of reviewers: permanent and guest. I have received some interest from potential reviewers - which was more than I could hope for, less than 24 hours after the request post went up. I'm going off of that good faith in writing this post. Here, you'll find more details about what I'm looking for and hopefully, that will clear up any confusion for you.

Continue after the break for the information...

Permanent reviewers
This type of reviewer is a person who has agreed to write monthly reviews, to be turned in to me by specific deadlines set ahead of time. Permanent reviewers may write a minimum of two reviews up to a maximum of four reviews per month. The genre of and the books reviewed are completely up to the reviewer - I will not be assigning anything genre or title wise. The only restriction that I have is that I need to know which books you are planning to review ahead of time - so that there are no repeat reviews. If you are unable to meet deadlines or perhaps even need a month off, I am definitely willing to work with you given that you provide ample notice so that I can make other arrangements. If you are interested in this role, please contact me via email - acreadsblog@gmail.com.

Guest reviewers
Anyone who expresses interest in a guest position will be added to a contact list and contacted via email at the start of each month and asked if he/she would like to submit a review for that month. You are under no obligation. All I ask is for your permission to add you to my contact list and for you to understand that you will be receiving monthly emails asking for reviews. All deadlines will be arranged after you agree to submit a review for a particular month. If you are interested in this role, please contact me via email - acreadsblog@gmail.com.

I am not requiring exclusive content in anyway - if you run your own reviewing site, I encourage you to post your reviews there as well! 

All deadlines and fine details will be hammered out once you've contacted me to express interest. I would like to start this blogging format by this July... so please, if you are interested - email me as soon as possible! I look forward to possible collaborations.

I hope to hear from you!
-Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment