Saturday, November 9, 2013

Casting Call Saturday | Doctor Sleep

Doctor Sleep (The Shining #2)
Amazon + Good Reads
"On highways across America, a tribe of people called The True Knot travel in search of sustenance. They look harmless—mostly old, lots of polyester, and married to their RVs. But as Dan Torrance knows, and spunky twelve-year-old Abra Stone learns, The True Knot are quasi-immortal, living off the “steam” that children with the “shining” produce when they are slowly tortured to death.

Haunted by the inhabitants of the Overlook Hotel where he spent one horrific childhood year, Dan has been drifting for decades, desperate to shed his father’s legacy of despair, alcoholism, and violence. Finally, he settles in a New Hampshire town, an AA community that sustains him, and a job at a nursing home where his remnant “shining” power provides the crucial final comfort to the dying. Aided by a prescient cat, he becomes “Doctor Sleep.”

Then Dan meets the evanescent Abra Stone, and it is her spectacular gift, the brightest shining ever seen, that reignites Dan’s own demons and summons him to a battle for Abra’s soul and survival. This is an epic war between good and evil, a gory, glorious story that will thrill the millions of devoted readers of The Shining and satisfy anyone new to the territory of this icon in the King canon."
-Good Reads

For the role of Abra Stone, I've chosen Chloe Moertz...
When I initially pictured Abra (as a thirteen year old), I wanted an actress who looked like a younger version of Carrie Fletcher (from YouTube). However, I wasn't able to find anyone but I do think that Moertz has the look. 

For the role of Dan Torrance, I've chosen Peter Gallagher...
Yes, Peter Gallagher, yes... Okay, I don't know why but he just stuck in my head. Maybe it's because I've convinced myself that he has a slight resemblance to Jack Nicholson (they could be related, yes?) or maybe it's because they both have ridiculous eyebrows. I don't know but it works for me.

For the role of Rose the Hat, I've chosen Charlize Theron...
She's beautiful but she can also be ruthless, violent, and down right evil. Sounds a lot like our Rose, right?

For the role of Crow Daddy, I've chosen Tom Hanks...
Okay, hear me out before you completely flip. Yeah, Tom Hanks is the king of all movies sappy and lovey dovey... but Crow is supposed to fool rubes into thinking that he's welcoming and a trust worthy, all American sort of guy. That is Tom Hanks.

And here are a few of my picks for some of the "minor" characters (okay, not really minor but I'm not trying to make this post a mile long.)

For the role of Lucy Stone, I've chosen Sarah Wayne Callies.

For the role of David Stone, I've chosen Dennis Quaid. 

Okay, I could go on forever and ever amen but I'm not going to. These are my picks and I know that they're totally un-King but, whatever!
-Alyssa



5 comments:

  1. My Hamster is a better actor than those douche's However since the early to mid 80's good actors no longer exist! Tom Hanks is ok, But compared to real actors from back in the day he is nothing! All that actors are now is just idiots with nothing but pure narcissism! And since people today are so dumbed down they confuse arrogance and narcissism with greatness! It's sad really! But I suppose the actors you picked are probably better than most! So considering you did a good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with Lucy, Crow daddy and Chloe Moertz looks exactly like Abra, but Peter Gallagher as Dan Torrence?! O.o
    I tough he could be danny lloyd, since he was dan as a child in the shining.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good choices, I think I'd like the movie based on these alone.

    ReplyDelete