Monday, April 25, 2016

Blogger Spotlight | We Are on the Same Page

1. Introduce yourself (where are you from, what kind of books do you enjoy reading, etc.) Hello Everyone! My name is Jaime Leigh and I am the creator of the blog We Are on the Same Page. I was born and raised in Raleigh, North Carolina and am the least Southern girl you will ever meet. No accent. Don't particularly enjoy country music. No undying love for sweet tea. (crazy, right?!) Anywho, I have been reading my entire life and blogging for about 2 1/2 years now. Currently, my favorite genres are SyFi, Dystopian, Contemporary and Urban Fantasy. Occasionally, I will pick up a Historical Fiction, Memoir or Thriller.

2. What are you currently reading?
Currently, I am reading Jenny Lawson’s “Furiously Happy:A funny book about terrible things”, “Ready Player One” and listening to the audiobook of “Magnus Chase and the Sword of Summer.”

3. Which book is at the top of your wishlist?
Passenger by Alexandra Bracken. Hands down.

4. What tip would you give an aspiring book blogger?
Don’t be afraid to start. I know that I had watched booktubers and followed book bloggers for years before I started my blog.I was very interested in joining the community, but was hesitant to start. It seemed like there were those bloggers and booktubers who “reigned supreme”, and I was intimidated. However, you have to remember that if you are starting a blog, you are doing it for yourself. Don’t try and copy what other people are doing. Allow yourself room to make mistakes. You aren’t perfect. You shouldn’t be. Allow yourself to mature and develop and your content will reflect that. On the other hand, be time conscious. It takes a good amount of time to maintain a book blog and, especially if you are still in school like I was when I started, it is important not to overwhelm yourself. This is something you are doing for fun. You have to find your limits, establish a routine that keeps you stress free, and allow yourself some time off it you really need it.Your readers will understand

5. When you're not reading, what do you enjoy doing?
I am thoroughly involved in theatre in my area, performing with my school theatre company and Burning Coal Theatre Company. I also enjoy being a part of my school clubs including my positions as Chair of the Theatre Department of the NCJCL for my school, the President of Art Club and 11th/12th grade Book Club. In my free time (which is limited considering the nature of AP courses) I enjoy playing strategy games with my family and friends, as well as blaring various Broadway musical soundtracks. My current favorite soundtracks are from Hamilton the Musical and Heathers the Musical. 

Thank you so much to ACReads for featuring me! Make sure to show her some love for all the work she is putting into this. 
Links:

Are you interested in being a featured blogger? Email me at acreadsblog@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment