Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Wishlist Wednesday | Wallbanger

Wallbanger by Alice Clayton 
November 2012 by Omnific Publishing
384 pages
Amazon + Good Reads

"The first night after Caroline moves into her fantastic new San Francisco apartment, she realizes she's gaining an intimate knowledge of her new neighbor's nocturnal adventures. Thanks to paper-thin walls and the guy's athletic prowess, she can hear not just his bed banging against the wall but the ecstatic response of what seems (as loud night after loud night goes by) like an endless parade of women. And since Caroline is currently on a self-imposed dating hiatus, and her neighbor is clearly lethally attractive to women, she finds her fantasies keep her awake even longer than the noise. So when the wallbanging threatens to literally bounce her out of bed, Caroline, clad in sexual frustration and a pink baby-doll nightie, confronts Simon Parker, her heard-but-never-seen neighbor. The tension between them is as thick as the walls are thin, and the results just as mixed. Suddenly, Caroline is finding she may have discovered a whole new definition of neighborly...

In a delicious mix of silly and steamy, Alice Clayton dishes out a hot and hilarious tale of exasperation at first sight..."
-Good Reads

It is quickly becoming a trend to choose already released books for my Wishlist Wednesdays. I can't help it - there are so many books that are already out and I just want so many of them. Oh, Wallbanger. How you have tormented me. I have consistently heard how great this book is and how hilarious it is. Given the title and the cover, it is clearly a sexual read but I've come to understand that the comedic element of the story is what sets it apart from the thousands of eroticas on the market. It doesn't take itself too seriously and can actually make its reader crack a smile. I want this book so badly but I am just so damn cheap. Someday, maybe.

Wishlist Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Pen to Paper.

3 comments:

  1. HA! The title is great! I will have to look into this one. I hope you get it soon!
    Brittany @ Spare Time Book blog
    My WW: http://sparetimebookblog.blogspot.com/2014/01/wishlist-wednesday-81.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. That book sounds all kinds of awesome and now it's on my TBR and I can't wait to get my hands on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. God I love the sound of this *adds to TBR* Hope you get it soon!
    Here's my WW: http://danielleheartsbooks.blogspot.com.au/2014/01/wishlist-wednesday-31.html

    ReplyDelete