Monday, February 22, 2016

Blogger Spotlight | Brittany's Book Nook

1.) Hi fellow readers! My name is Brittany, I am 20 years old, I am a junior at Penn State, and I am the blogger behind Brittany's Book Nook. I am originally from North Carolina but I currently live in Alabama. My love of reading started when I was in 8th grade after reading Saving Zoe and Evermore by Alyson Noel (my favorite author). I like to read mostly YA novels of all genres, but my favorite is probably YA dystopian. My favorite authors include Alyson Noel, Lurlene McDaniel, Nicholas Sparks, Julie Kagawa, and Kimberly Derting.

2.) I am currently reading two books, Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi and The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith.

3.) The book that is at the top of my wishlist is Rook by Sharon Cameron. I love the cover and it sounds incredible. I have wanted to read it since I heard about it in April.

4.) Starting a book blog can be intimidating at first, but I have three tips that will help it become less intimidating. The first tip is to just do it. If you love reading and have contemplating starting a book blog, just start it. Just sit down and start typing because once you get going, it will be hard for you to stop. The second piece of advice I have is to follow a schedule. If you are busy like I am, it can be hard to find the time to write a blog post, so I recommend choosing a day each week as your "designated blogging day". Once you have chosen that day, then that will be the day that you will blog every week. By doing this, you are not overwhelming yourself about blogging every day and you have to time to plan out what you want to do. My third and final tip is to mot stress yourself out about blogging. Blogging (and reading) is supposed to be fun, not a chore. If life gets in the way and you don't blog for a week, don't beat yourself up about it. Things happen, so it's okay if you can't or don't want to blog one week.

5.) When I am not reading, I like to do crafty things like DIY's. I also like to paint and make bracelets. Then there's the typical things that everyone likes to do like hanging out with friends, watching Netflix, listening to music, and of course, watching Booktube videos.



Twice a month I'm bringing you blogger spotlights from around the world. Are you interested in being featured? Email me at acreadsblog@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment