Friday, June 20, 2014

#FridayReads | The Truth About Mr. Darcy

The Truth About Mr. Darcy by Susan Adriani
June 2011 by Sourcebooks 
448 pages
Amazon + Good Reads

"In this hot tale, Mr. Darcy confesses the truth about George Wickham right from the start, warning Elizabeth and the rest of Meryton about Wickham's despicable character. Will his honesty change the way Elizabeth feels about him and his previous poor behavior? Will he still have to transform himself to win her love? And what will happen when scandal erupts?"
-Good Reads

As I have dubbed this summer "The Summer of Review Books," I've decided that it is also absolutely necessary that I read something off of my personal TBR to keep my focus. There's nothing like feeling obligated to completely ruin a hobby for you, am I right? Don't get me wrong - I'm not saying that the titles I've received for review are awful (in fact, the majority are great). I just need time to read something that I won't be compiling a review on and for me, that's none other than The Truth About Mr. Darcy

If you've been with me for a while, you know my affinity for P&P and my recent-ish fixation on what are essentially published and bound fan fictions. So far? This one is okay. The action is moving very fast which makes me question what the author is going to do for the remaining 300 pages. Darcy and Elizabeth are already super hot and heavy physically which also kind of leaves a bad taste in my mouth. (I swore I heard Jane Austen screaming in anguish from beyond the grave.) But as a general rule if it's smutty, I'll like it. So cheers to this book for keeping my sanity afloat in the vast sea of review books that I have for this summer. 

Also - the cover. It's fantastic.

I'd love to hear what you're reading over the weekend! 
-Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment