Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day!

In honor of this lovey dovey day, I've decided to compile and share with you my top three favorite romances! I'd love to hear which romance novels you've been loving so don't forget to comment below.

Happy Valentine's Day!
-Alyssa 

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
Amazon + Good Reads

Well duh, right? No list that discusses my favorite romances would be complete without mentioning my *favorite* romance of all time. But what can I say that hasn't already been said of this timeless story before? To be honest, not much. Darcy and Lizzy's romance is classic and continues to enchant readers every single year. Lizzy is a fantastic heroine in that she is head strong and witty, and so completely her own person. Darcy is the epitome of misunderstood and just can't seem to get it right with Lizzy. Not to mention all of the fantastic spin offs that Austen's book has inspired. My mouth still waters whenever I see Matthew McFayden as Darcy, and The Lizzie Bennett Diaries is probably one of my favorite adaptations to this day.

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire
Amazon + Good Reads

Beautiful Disaster is the kind of book that you read in just about one sitting and walk away with a spinning head. You're not entirely sure what just hit you, you don't know if you really liked it, but you sure as hell want to give it another go. There were so many red flags in this book that pointed towards abusive tendencies but I wrote them off because of how addictive this book was. I adored Beautiful Disaster so much so that I'm about to read it for the third time within a year's time. And I have yet to figure out who would be the perfect actor to portray Travis Maddox in a movie. Thoughts?!

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
Amazon + Good Reads

Again, what can I say about this book that hasn't already been said? Anna and the French Kiss was adorable. Perkins possibly chose the most romantic city to set her story and made Paris seem like an active presence in the story. That in itself made the story lovely but combined with the love story? Be still my beating heart! Anna is the kind of girl who could be any girl - she's easy to relate to... but Etienne St. Clair? Oh, LORD HAVE MERCY. I can't really being to describe my deep love for this book but if you're a fan of contemporary and haven't read this book... what are you doing with yourself?



No comments:

Post a Comment