Saturday, August 17, 2013

Casting Call Saturday | Lola and the Boy Next Door

Hey, guys! It's that time again - time to show you my picks for a dream cast! Today I'm going to be looking at one of my favorite contemporary reads - Lola and the Boy Next Door by none other than Miss Stephanie Perkins. I absolutely adore Perkins' writing and am anxiously awaiting the release of Isla and the Happily Ever After but until that hits, I'll be content with dreaming of my perfect Cricket.

So, without further ado, here are my picks for Lola and the Boy Next Door...

For the role of Lola, I've chosen Ellen Page.
Ellen Page has an amazing way of portraying a character who marches to the beat of her own drum but who also has a long way to go - she can be quirky and sassy, but also totally naive and sweet at the same time. Considering the way that Page has pulled off these characters time and time again (re: Juno and Whip It), I think that she'd do our Lola total justice.

For the role of Cricket, I've chosen Corey Monteith. 
I don't think that the character of Finn would have been as beloved if Monteith hadn't brought him to life. To me, Corey is the quintessential boy next door - he's confused, sweet, sincere, and adorably quirky. Like most, I was so incredibly sad to hear of Monteith's passing - I think that the world truly lost an incredibly talented young actor. Rest in peace, Corey.

For the role of Calliope, I've chosen Sarah Hyland.
I think that Hyland is just so freaking adorable! Admittedly, I've only ever seen on thing that she's been in and I'm a bit embarrassed to admit that someone my age watched it (hint: Disney channel) but I thought that she was great! She can be a total b*tch when she wants to be... but open up and reveal that she's really only a scared young girl. Calliope, anyone? 

And lastly, for the role of Max, I've chosen Landon Pigg.
Like Hyland, I've only seen Pigg in one movie - Whip It and opposite of Ellen Page. Based on that performance, I can't help but think of Pigg when trying to cast Max. He has total bad boy appeal - he's a rocker and could easily cause a parent to cringe when dating his/her 16 year old daughter. But damn is he cute! 

Well, that's all for now! Thank for checking out this post and I'll see you guys next time!
-Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment