Saturday, August 3, 2013

Casting Call Saturday | Beautiful Disaster

Hey, all!
Welcome back to Casting Call Saturday - where we each pick books and share our dream cast. Today's pick is one of my favorite New Adult reads - to be honest, it kick started my addiction... 


Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire
Amazon + Good Reads
"Abby Abernathy is a good girl. She doesn’t drink or swear, and she has the appropriate number of cardigans in her wardrobe. Abby believes she has enough distance from the darkness of her past, but when she arrives at college with her best friend, her path to a new beginning is quickly challenged by Eastern University’s Walking One-Night Stand.

Travis Maddox, lean, cut, and covered in tattoos, is exactly what Abby wants—and needs—to avoid. He spends his nights winning money in a floating fight ring, and his days as the ultimate college campus charmer. Intrigued by Abby’s resistance to his appeal, Travis tricks her into his daily life with a simple bet. If he loses, he must remain abstinent for a month. If Abby loses, she must live in Travis’s apartment for the same amount of time. Either way, Travis has no idea that he has met his match."



For the role of Abby, I've chosen Emmy Rossum. 
Emmy is such a good combination of sweet and innocent good girl looks. I can totally picture her standing in a pink cardigan splattered with blood from the fight... But when push comes to shove? She could totally kick your ass.

For Travis, I had to get creative... 
I'm going to go ahead and need Colton Hayne's face on Cam Gigandet's smoking body. Cam is ripped and tattooed up enough to be a perfect Travis but I don't think his face doesn't quite make it - here is where Colton enters. I'm just saying - if the two of these hotties had a love child....

For America, I've chosen Candice Accola.
I know that the fan favorite pick for America is Blake Lively - and I totally get that, I do - but to me, Blake is just too sweet. America can be bubbly, sweet, and affectionate one minute... and turn totally rabid the next. The only actress who I've seen do this successfully (and matched America's description) was Candice Accola.

And last but certainly not least, for Shepley... I've chosen Michael Trevino.
I'm not going to lie here. About 85% of the reason why I chose Trevino came from the fact that I picked Candice Accola for America. These two just go together in my mind. At first, I was thinking of an actor along the lines of Scott Michael Foster (Cappie from GREEK) - you know, typical freshman, frat boy pledge... But when I picked Candice, I thought - why not?They have chemistry and can have the potential for an explosive relationship.

That's all for this Saturday - check back next week for another line up! If you have made your own Casting Call Saturday post, please don't forget to link it up below.
-Alyssa


No comments:

Post a Comment