Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday

TTT3W

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the Broke and the Bookish

This week’s theme? Top ten books that I've read in 2013 so far

Ready Player One: A Novel
Ready Player One is, by far, my favorite novel of 2013.
Despite all of the red flags and warning signs regarding
the OASIS, I would jump at the chance to spend my time
running around it! 
The DUFF: (Designated Ugly Fat Friend)
This book was one of the best contemporary YA books
that I’ve read all year – and one of the most relatable too.
I loved Bianca’s voice and am looking for other Keplinger
books to read! 
Beautiful Disaster
Beautiful Disaster was my first real introduction to the New
Adult genre (let’s be real, Fifty Shades and Crossfire are actually
adult erotica) and I loved it! I loved how deliciously dramatic
Travis and Abby’s relationship was and Beautiful Disaster
kicked started an obsession with the NA genre.
Easy
I’m not entirely sure why the cover for Easy isn’t showing up but here
is a link to its Good Reads here. If I thought that Beautiful Disaster was
the pinnacle of New Adult goodness, Easy blew it clear out of the water.
The foundation on which Jacqueline and Lucas built their relationship felt
real and they had to work through some serious struggles before they could
stand on level ground. I loved this book – it is probably my favorite NA
to date.
On the Island: A Novel
I don’t know what I was expecting from this book but I really enjoyed
it. Take something resembling the TV show LOST and mix it with
intense romance (of the forbidden kind) and you have On the Island
Clockwork Princess (Infernal Devices, The)
This was the eagerly anticipated conclusion to Cassandra Clare’s
popular Infernal Devices series. Not only was the ID series so much
better than The Mortal Instruments, but it was seriously the most
satisfactory wrap up to a series that I’ve read yet. And Clare left some
of the character’s stories open to continue on in another series… 
Hex Hall Book One
I picked up Hex Hall not expecting much at all… okay, maybe a lame
imitation of Harry Potter – but I was wrong. So very, very wrong. Hex
Hall
was fast paced and super fun. I read it in about a day!
On Dublin Street
Are we seeing a trend here? On Dublin Street is the “in between” of New
Adult into adult erotica/romance and it was so good. So, so good. 
Sisters Red
Sisters Red was my first introduction to Jackson Pearce’s writing and
it came with incredibly high recommendations – and I have a serious knee
jerk reaction to ultra hyped books and authors. But I stand corrected. Pearce
is a fantastic writer and I adored her characters. 
My Life Next Door
This is the perfect summer read! It was light and bubbly, with a seriously
hot lead guy.

7 comments:

  1. I loved The DUFF when I read it last year! My Life Next Door was such a cute book, and I also really enjoyed Sisters Red. I still need to read Easy! Excellent choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list, I also loved Hex Hall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Life Next Door is on my list too! I loved On Dublin Street and can't wait to get my hands on a copy of Beautiful Disaster! Great list :)

    Here's my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! Reminds me of all the books I need to read! I wasn't a big fan of Sisters Red though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would highly recommend all the Kody Keplinger books, but Shutout is one of my faves of hers. She is an amazing story teller and it helps she isn't far removed from being a teen herself.

    My TTT List

    ReplyDelete
  6. REALLY want to read Ready, Player One! Glad you enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Disaster and My Life Next Door sound amazing. Can't wait to read them both!

    My TTT: http://www.bookythoughtsandme.com/top-ten-books-ive-read-so-far-in-2013/

    ReplyDelete