Friday, June 7, 2013

Book Review | Entwined with You

Entwined with You by Sylvia Day
June 2013 by Berkley
356 pages
4.5/5 stars
Amazon + Good Reads

"From the moment I first met Gideon Cross, I recognized something in him that I needed. Something I couldn't resist. I saw the dangerous and damaged soul inside-so much like my own. I was drawn to it. I needed him as surely as I needed my heart to beat.

No one knows how much he risked for me. How much I'd been threatened, or just how dark and desperate the shadow of our pasts would become.

Entwined by our secrets, we tried to defy the odds. We made our own rules and surrendered completely to the exquisite power of possession..."
-Good Reads

Continue after the break for my review...


This is a hard review for me to write because I'm always so nervous when it comes to sequels and third (and fourth and fifth) books in a saga. I loved Bared to You and Reflected in You and I feel like I've been waiting for Entwined with You for ages. Honestly, I think the only way to fully wrap my head around the third installment of the Crossfire series would be to re-read the entire thing from the beginning but ain't nobody got time for that.

Entwined with You picks up right after Reflected in You leaves off... so for those of you who have read the series, you know what was just revealed.... and it was a big deal. Despite the fact that this giant revelation is sitting in Gideon and Eva's laps, they decide to turn their focus to their relationship and have a lot of sex. I mean, a lot of sex. More so than what I remember from the first two books and while I do enjoy my fair share of steamy scenes, more often than not I was rolling my eyes and thinking, 'Come on now, guys. Let's stop humping and get to talking!" 

That being said, I did appreciate all of the attention that they paid to bettering themselves as a couple. Gideon and Eva had been through a lot in the past book and it was nice to see them trying to work through it all. And, after the roller coaster that was Reflected in You, I enjoyed a relatively drama-free ride. There were definitely tense parts that tested Gideon and Eva's relationship but compared to the previous books, it was smooth sailing. They were both able to admit areas that they needed to work on and seem very committed to seeing their relationship through.

Unfortunately, nothing is ever good for long and I fear for the two in the fourth and fifth books. As much as I enjoy their story, I would have been okay wrapping things up with Entwined with You. I'm afraid that Day is going to pull out ridiculous plot lines that will eventually ruin the love I have for this series. But, let's be real - I could always say that I won't be reading the next book... but that is not going to happen.

Have you read Entwined with You? Let me know your thoughts on the 4th and 5th books!
-Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment